IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS OVERVIEW
When handled by our expert staff, the sometimes daunting and complicated immigration process for your employees becomes a more efficient, hassle free process. Read on for a general overview of immigration requirements in Vietnam. Two Main Requirements for Foreigners Working in Vietnam:
- Labor Requirement: A Work Permit, issued by the labor department from the province employee will work. Provided by MOLISA (Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs).
- Immigration Requirement: Visa or Temporary residence card issued by the immigration department. (Provided by Ministry of Public Security).
Entering & Working in Vietnam:
- Multiple Entry Visa: Business visitors, International assignees will typically first enter Vietnam on DN or LD visa visa which is valid for 3 months. Dependents will be granted a TT entry visa which is valid for 3 months
- Work Permit: Foreign nationals who intend to work and live in Vietnam, such as international assignees or ones who have been locally hired, are required to obtain a work permit. There are several requirements to obtain a work permit (see next section) and Work Permit holders are still required to have a visa or temporary Residence card.
- Business Visa Extension: Foreign employees holding a work permit valid for less than 1 year and dependents will be eligible for business visa extension (3, 6 or 12 months depending the length of the work permit).
- Temporary Residence Card: Foreign employees holding a work permit valid for more than 1 year and up to 2 years and dependents will be eligible for temporary residence card. The temporary residence card replaces the business visa.
Note that each province of Vietnam may have different policies regarding the grant of temporary residence cards. Main Conditions for Being Granted a Work Permit in Vietnam:
- Educational and/or Job Experience Eligibility: depending on the position (technician, specialist/expert, Manager) in Vietnam, applicant must have a university degree or equivalent and/or having an experience in a field related to the position to be taken in Vietnam. This can be a very complicated process and requires the most attention to detail and preparation prior to work permit submission in order to avoid complications.
- Clean Medical Record: Recent Health Check and documentation from an International Clinic (normally in Vietnam) is required.
- Clean Criminal Record: Police Report from home country required.
- Age: Individual must be 18 years of age or above
- Sponsoring Entity: Only a company registered in Vietnam may sponsor the work permit.